Day 5 is here! I hope you’ve enjoyed this series. I have one more lunch coming your way, but I truly hope that it has given you some fun and out of the box ideas for what to pack your kids for lunch this fall. I have a little lunch series brewing for the winter season for you in a few months! One of the things I absolutely love doing is using vegetables as a “vehicle” for other food. It gets more veggies in without it being on its own and being in the “vegetable” category. Ya feel me on that? Sometimes you need to switch things up. Bell peppers this time of year are still very sweet and crunchy. We love using them as a little holder for a lot of things, but this chicken salad is delish. We have a banana, and I’ve added some almond butter (feel free to sub sunbutter if nut sensitive). Adding fat to those fruits will help keep that energy going and help with any blood sugar swings from the natural sugars in the fruit. Dates are a super duper treat in this house, and it’s a fun addition to a lunch to add a little sweetness. Cucumbers can be used to dip the chicken salad too if they feel like it! And almonds, because why not!
- 1 chicken breast diced into small chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons homemade mayo
- Mix together chicken and mayo
- Start with 2 tablespoons of your homemade mayo and add as necessary
- Once mixed together, add in apples and pecans and mix carefully
- **I like this best with the homemade creamy duck mayo from the blog!