When you’re having dinner with your friends, and everyone stops every 5 minutes to talk about how good the cole slaw is, you know you have a winner! Here are four reasons why I love this cole slaw.
- It’s PACKED with nutrients
- It’s delicious
- It’s phenomenal for guests and barbecues with friends
- It doesn’t have dairy, gluten, sugar, or wheat
I recommend making it and letting it sit for a good 30 minutes before serving. That way, the flavors have melded and you’ll get a good mix of the flavors in each bite! Nom nom nom.
- 4 cups napa cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 thinly sliced red pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced snap peas
- 1/4 cups chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1 cup mayo (use homemade mayo from the recipe guide or Kensington's avocado oil mayo)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (can sub 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons organic rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Put all of the dressing ingredients in a pint sized mason jar and shake vigorously
- Put the dressing in the fridge while you make the salad
- Chop up the cabbage, pepper, snap peas, and purple cabbage
- Place the slivered almonds on a baking sheet and put them in the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned
- Let the almonds cool while you put the dressing on the salad and make sure to toss well
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes while you prep the rest of dinner and top with almond right before serving
- **If possible, make the dressing the night before so that the coconut sugar, garlic, and ginger will be incorporated well!
- **This does save well in the fridge and can be made ahead of time.
FREE 35 Real Food Snack Ideas
I've compiled a list of snacks that you can buy OR make at home. Whether you love to prepare them in your own kitchen or hop online to grab what you need, we've got you covered! Links and recipes are all provided!