Lemon. It’s one of our favorite flavors around here! We could put lemon in just about anything and be happy. Ok, maybe not everything. But a lot of things! These muffins are friendly for a lot of specialty diets and are free of grains, refined sugar, and dairy.
AND you can make them in the blender! Give me a high five, Mom! It might be my goal to make nearly every single recipe in the Vitamix. Or maybe the Vitamix and Instant Pot. That’s probably a more realistic goal.
We made these in a double batch, and they were great to have around for breakfast and snacks. My 3 year old *might* have come in when I was taking a 30 second shower and told me, “I just have free (three), ok?”. Oh my. I guess there could be worse things in the world!
Here they are!
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until combined
- Line a 12 piece muffin tin with non-bleached paper cups or grease pan well with coconut oil
- Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes
- To test for being finished, gently place your finger on the top of the muffin
- When it is solid, they are done!
- **Can add 5 drops of Lemon Vitality essential oil from Young Living, but it will not rise quite as well
- **For the best lemon flavor, wait until they cool to eat
- **Store in the fridge if not eaten within 24 hours and gently warm in an oven before eating