Get your hand up if you’re pumped to have an easy, go to breakfast option!
If you’ve hung around my blog for any period of time, you’ll realize that breakfast is my nemesis. Waking up in the morning and getting food into the tiny humans is a challenge, as I’m sure it is for many Moms! We just want to sit and have that cup of coffee, but you’ll have nothing short of mutiny on your hands if you do that before feeding them! Am I right?
Let’s make it easy!
This is a phenomenal and easy way to make breakfast the night before. It takes less than 5 minutes to throw these ingredients in a mason jar, and then a few shakes later, you have a high nutrient, good quality fat, digestive support breakfast ready to go! I love that coconut milk has great fat in it and keeps the little people full. And while chia seeds are not my favorite Omega 3, they are still great for that brain and can serve as a brain support food along with helping with digestive health. Cinnamon is also a great anti-inflammatory food that is wonderful for immunity as well as combatting inflammation in the body.
So here you go! Enjoy those easy mornings, and just maybe, you’ll sit and have that cup of coffee!
- 1 can LIGHT canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a quart sized mason jar
- Shake until all ingredients are mixed together
- Put in the fridge and shake 1-2 times over the next hour to fully incorporate all the ingredients
- Let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours
- Serve cold topped with berries or plain!
- **Light coconut milk gives this a great consistency, though full fat can be used
- **Can be ready in as little as 2 hours, but 4 hours will ensure the right thickness
- **Double, triple or quadruple this for several easy breakfasts for the family