You guys want to know what I’m doing right now? I’m SITTING and DRINKING my coffee! During the school year, I usually scramble to make breakfast and get the kids ready for school. And we allllllllllll know how much I love making breakfast. If you don’t know me well, you’ll find out that breakfast and I don’t get along very well. Anyhow. While I love me some good raw cream every once in a while in my coffee, I can’t do it on a regular basis. First off, you have to sell part of your home to buy it each week, and secondly, you’ll see me start to itch my ears constantly if I have more than a little dairy. It may be amusing to watch, but it’s no fun on my end! I’ve used coconut milk in my coffee a lot, but it’s an overwhelming flavor a lot of the time. So enter this yummy mixture! It combines almond milk (use THIS homemade version!) with coconut milk and has a hint of sweet. It’s simple and I love it. So cheers to sitting for more than a hot second to enjoy your cup of coffee this summer. And THIS is still our favorite coconut milk that we buy! Also love THIS for our coconut sugar.
And yes, I know that daily coffee drinking is not so good. We’ll tackle that in another post, and I’m going to forget about that fun fact for the next few minutes while I finish this cup, ok?
Sit and drink your coffee people! That is all.
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon grade B maple syrup
- Put all of the ingredients together in a mason jar and shake well!
- I usually try and do this the night before so the coconut sugar dissolves completely.
- **Make sure to shake this well before using as the natural sugars will have settled at the bottom!