Baby it’s cold outside! Fall is among us and winter is following close behind. If you’re anything like me, nothing warms the soul like a hot bowl of soup on a cold day! As the cold season is approaching, both in terms of weather and health, I like to take every precaution I can to ensure that my family is receiving good, nutritious food. Who doesn’t love to settle down for the night with a delicious bowl of hot homemade chicken noodle soup? I highly recommend snuggling with the kiddos while you have a warm and happy tummy for a great night of family fun.
This recipe is a staple in my house, made at least once a week from November through April. On my quest for optimal nutrition that will help amp up our immune systems, I always use Homemade Chicken Broth as the base. I’m telling you, it makes all the difference in the world. This homemade broth is packed with nutrients and vitamins. Not only is it rich in flavor, the health benefits are countless. Check out the recipe and more info about the health benefits here.
Did I mention that the homemade broth will work on healing your gut from the inside out? Eating a delicious meal that is also healing your body, talk about a win-win in my book. Be sure to amplify the health benefits by keeping the soup Gluten Free with the pasta that you choose to use. We get Jovial Casarecce pasta from Thrive Market. This is a staple in our house and I highly recommend giving Jovial Casarecce pasta a try. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
As if I haven’t already given you several reasons to fall in love with this recipe, leftovers taste just as delicious as the night you make it and it’s super easy and convenient to reheat. It’s always an added bonus for me when I can send my kiddos to school with a healthy, nutritious lunch and this soup is no exception. I always send this in a stainless steel thermos packed in school lunches and I rest assured that I know my kids are getting a healthy, healing, and nutritious lunch while at school.
Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
Write a review
- 1 white onion
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Organic Better Than Buillon Chicken Base
- 4 stalks of celery
- 3 medium carrots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 8 cups homemade chicken broth or organic broth with 3 tablespoons Great Lakes Gelatin
- 1 box Jovial Casarecce pasta or any other gluten free pasta
- 2 cups leftover rotiserrie chicken
- Chop onion and saute in pot over medium heat
- While the onion cooks, chop the carrots and celery
- Press garlic into the pot when onions are soft and translucent
- Saute until the garlic is fragrant
- Add carrots and celery and saute until beginning to soften
- Add more oil if bottom of pan is dry
- Add all the broth and Better Than Buillion and bring to a boil
- Add pasta and cook according to the instructions on the box
- Add chicken when pasta is ready
- Taste to see if you need more salt or buillion
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Saves well for leftovers...just need to add some broth sometimes
The Kandid Kitchen http://www.thekandidkitchen.com/