Once that weather turns warm, I am always looking for a delicious salad that will fill me up. And that my kids will love. And that is full of nutrients that our bodies need! The mix of veggies is packed with nutrients that our bodies need, and the avocado and honey mustard really makes this salad stand above the rest.
This is a salad that NEVER disappoints. And our kids gobble this down every single time!
And every time that I make this dressing and take it to a friend’s house, I get a message that night saying, “how in the world did you make that dressing?!”. Here’s the SUPER fun part. It’s three ingredients, and you can use it for dressing, veggie dip, chicken nuggets, or as my sister asked when I made it on vacation, possibly just grab a spoon and start eating!
I love taking this to barbecues, summer get togethers, to friends who have just had a baby, and it’s a great and easy one pot meal when friends come to our home!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped purple cabbage
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 2 ripe avoados
- 6 pieces sugar free bacon
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped red or orange pepper
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo (or Kensington's Avocado Mayo for a sub)
- 2 tablespoons organic yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons organic, raw honey
- Grill the chicken breasts until cooked through (great to do this the day before to make prep much easier!)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place bacon on baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes or until browned and slightly crispy
- While bacon and chicken are cooking, chop all vegetables and toss in a bowl
- Make dressing and store in the fridge until serving
- Put mayo, mustard, and honey in a bowl and mix with a whisk until completely combined
- When chicken is done grilling, chop into chunks and put on top of the salad
- Finely chop bacon and top the salad before putting on the dressing
- **A store bought, organic rotisserie chicken is a nice way to make this salad easier
- **Use leftover dressing for veggie dip that week!