I make cupcakes a lot! My daughter can’t have most cupcakes at parties, school, or pretty much anywhere else, so I always have to whip up a batch if there is going to be a special event of sort. While I LOVE my Cuisinart Kitchen Aid, it still takes a little more time to get it out of the corner and get it all washed out once I’m done. Enter the blender. We have a Vitamix blender, but any high powered blender will do! These are made with coconut flour, so they can be a little finicky. Hands down, I like the Coconut Secret Coconut Flour. I am never without it! If you’ve never worked with coconut flour, you need to know that it’s super duper high in fiber, so it requires a ton of liquid to go with it. A little bit of flour goes a long way! If your family is used to having treats that are super sweet and you’re just getting going on this whole eating healthy thing, then here’s a tip for you! Go ahead and add some of the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips to the batter at the end. It will sweeten them up a little bit more, and there is less of a chance that your kids or family will balk at them!
Hope you enjoy them! They literally took me about 5 minutes to make once I had the ingredients out! I’m also working on a frosting recipe for this and will edit to add it once I have it all squared away!
- 8 Large Eggs (Use 9 if they are small)
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Nutiva Buttery Spread (can substitute grass fed butter or coconut oil)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1. Put together all dry ingredients and set aside
- 2. Add all wet ingredients into the blender and blend on low until incorporated. Make sure that all oils are melted but not too warm to start cooking the eggs.
- 3. Add the dry ingredients to the blender while it is still running on low. You may need to increase the speed and scrape the sides a little, but it should come together smoothly.
- 4. Add chocolate chips and mix by hand if you are including them.
- 5. Pour the batter into each cupcake tin and fill to about 1/2 full.
- I use the If You Care Unbleached Large Baking Cups, and they are fantastic for coconut flour recipes. The only ones they've found that don't stick when removing the cupcake!